Wednesday, March 7, 2012

New Google Tools

Thanks to a post from the Free Technology for Teachers blog, I recently discovered some new and very helpful features that Google added to their Sites tool. I have used Google Sites for my classroom page for a few years now, and I was often frustrated by its limitations. Now you can insert HTML, Javascript, and more. Below is a screenshot that shows all the insert options available:




I tried adding a Google Presentation, and it worked flawlessly and looks great. I could see many possibilities for posting access to classroom information and class work. Here is what the presentation looks like in embedded form:



Pretty sweet! Thank you Google. Now, if you could ease up on the moves towards manipulating your users, that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment